renault laguna 1.8 rt

heater not working and the mornings are getting cold . any ideas ?

Reply to
jaybob

Thermostat stuck open/closed

Airlock

No coolant(!)

control valves or lever/wire etc. stuck/bust/come loose

Reply to
PC Paul

It's French, therefore it's broken.

Reply to
SteveH

Lol - I agree, but can't help smiling that you said that despite the ownership of several Italian cars.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

"Tim S Kemp" wrote

Yeah, it's a shame Alfa Romeo didn't build his computer 'cos the wiring would have all gone wrong by now............

Reply to
Knight Of The Road

take it no ones got any idea had new stat . heater motor works if connected directly to battery

Reply to
jaybob

"jaybob" wrote

heater motor works if connected

It's the switch then.

Options.....

1) get a new one from main dealer

2) get a used one from breakers yard

3) keep it hotwired

according to how long you intend to keep it etc

Reply to
Knight Of The Road

So you mean the heater fan doesn't work?

Check the fuse. remove and bypass the speed resistor pack/wiring.

mrcheerful

Reply to
mrcheerful

Possible - Gauge should be reading cold if it was stuck open. It would blow the head gasket if stuck closed - believe me, I know!

Nah, see above.

control valves or lever/wire etc. stuck/bust/come loose

Most likely, s**te French electrics.

Reply to
gazzafield

cheers guys think i gonna wire it direct to battery with an in line fuse and a switch

Reply to
jaybob