Repost - Somebody help me!

"H" Reg 1991.

Started doing my Micra's rear brake shoes only to find that the hub nuts will not move, I am going to need a scaffold pole or similar to crack them. I think that the hub nuts have never been off of the car and are now partially "welded" on. Is this a common occurence?

Also, are either of the threads on the hub nuts a left hand thread?

Finally, is there anything I should know about the rear bearings or is it simply a case of tightening them to the correct torque as mentioned in the Haynes BOL?

Can it be done just taking the drums off? Is there enough room. The nearside drum fell off by itself but the offside is jammed on tight.

I am going to try again tomorrow.

TIA.

Reply to
gazzafield