Resetting an airbag warning light (Audi A3)

Can you help mate? I am based in Cov.

Reply to
csowban

The blowers on my air con stopped working on Audi a3 2007 so took it to a garage who said the heater control unit had failed and quoted me and said they could order it In the meantime they put it all back together and mysteriously the blowers are working but the airbag light has come on They said it was nothing they did even though the paasenger airbag is near where the heater compartment is Any ideas pleaae

Reply to
robert.marshall147

Happened to me in an Audi A3 when I removed he glovebox to mend a broken support strut. I unplugged the passenger side airbag switch without turning it off first. This resulted in an airbag warning light even when reconnected properly.

At a guess, they've done the same. Their fault, they should fix it.

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

I did much the same on a Skoda Octavia. I left it several months and just before its MOT asked for the warning light to be cleared. But the chap at the garage could not clear it - his kit told him the driver's side airbag sensor had failed. How unplugging the passenger side airbag switch had caused this fault I don't understand. Perhaps it really was coincidence! But in due course I paid to have a new airbag sensor fitted in the driver's door - expensive, and not an easy job.

Reply to
Graham J

If they really won't do it, go to one of the VW/Audi forums, and find someone with VCDS to reset it.

Reply to
Chris Bartram