Rnault Laguna Auto gear box Busted

The Laguna has done 46000 thu miles ,the gears are over reving. has the gearbox gone. Renault Garage ask me do i have an oil leak on the gearbox, Renault say a new gearbox will cost me £2000......is this right.

SIG elane green

Reply to
elane_green

elane_green (elane snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Renault. Autobox. Low mileage. Fooked.

Yep, sounds about par. They're notoriously s**te.

Mind you, it's done well to last that long. A mate's wife's Clio auto lasted less than 30k

Reply to
Adrian

Sounds similar to what happened to the box on my Safrane -fortunately, before I bought it; - but then before it had done 100,000 miles the engine started burning oil in a very dramatic fashion. (In retrospect, my earlier Renault 21 was a much more reliable vehicle - kept going to about 200,000 miles.)

Reply to
Malcolm Stewart

Sorry to hear this, but its not surprising. All the Renault autos are to be avoided at all cost- you're quite lucky to have got to 46k actually!!

Anyways, what age is the car and has it got a full Renault service history?

If its up to about 2.5/3 yrs old and its has SH, then I think I would start making very serious noises with the dealer initially, and then renault UK about a goodwill payment to fix it. If they try and tell you they dont have problems with the auto 'boxes they're lying!!

A full showroom and raised voice at the parts desk works well I find....

Tim..

Reply to
Tim (Remove NOSPAM.

On the other hand, someone posted here a few months ago saying his Renualt autobox was worn out after 200,000 miles, and was this normal? So obviously they are not *all* rubbish; but certainly some of them seem to be. Don't know what the proportion is, percentage-wise; I see lots of anecdotal evidence on here, but no statistics.

Reply to
Steve Burt

Good grief. I'm surprised Renault didn't buy it back to find out why.

Reply to
Dave Plowman