rover 100 prob

hello, comical problem here, in some ways...

Anyway, my old (1992) metty is low on brake fluid. It tends to leak it, but not enough for me to bother getting it fixed, I just top it up every moth. Now, the problem is, I cant open the bonnet. The lever near driver door has stopped working. It moves, but it seems like the cable that connects it to the bonnet is already loose, like its permantly open. Only, its not... Its been fine besides this.

Is there any trick I can use to get in and hopefully have some working brakes and be able to open the bonnet again?? Kinda be needing that fluid soon and I'm put off prising the bonnet open for fear of breaking the mechanism and it never closing properly again...

Cheeeers Barry

Reply to
Barry

Sounds like you need to obtain one of those "Basil Faulty" Bushes.

JK

Reply to
JK

Get someone to press on the bonnet while you pull the lever. Simon.

Reply to
si

Cheers, Several people have said that, unfortunately pulling the lever does

*nothing*. The cable is loose running from the lever to the bonnet, like its been snapped somewhere. Tried bouncing it, pulling the cable, a host of things, it doesnt seem to want to budge :)
Reply to
Barry