Rover 214 Occasional Intermittent Misfire

Hello Group, I've been having an occasional misfire recently. It doesn't happen on every journey, but when it does it's like a learner kangaroo-hopping, and just lasts a couple of seconds.

It doesn't happen across the rev range, only between idle and about

2,500 revs. Above 2,500 it doesn't happen. I can blast down the motorway and it never occurs.

My mileage is limited to short journeys, mainly from home to supermarket and back. Could this have any bearing on the problem?

Thanks for any suggestions, John

Reply to
John

rotor arm is first thing to change and very cheap. I have also had problems with the routing of the coil lead, it then sparks to adjacent metal work.

Reply to
Mrcheerful

Thanks for the reply. I'll try both suggestions. The coil lead had been changed a few months ago, and had been tied back.

John

Reply to
John

I finally got around to changing the rotor arm. Poor weather, Halfords and local motor factors not having any in contributed to the delay. It seems to have done the trick.

Thanks for your help.

John

Reply to
John