Rover 214 Wings

Priced wings for this car. It's the original origami shape. £56! Each! The original 214 and the bubble shape? £20 + VAT. What's going on there? Admittedly I have only tried the one place so far, but it does not bode well. Anyone know a cheap supplier of body panels?

Reply to
gazzafield

There's no longer the demand so there's not shelves of them and a panelmaker will have to do a one off run which costs them more.

Reply to
Conor

So why does the even older model only cost £20?

Reply to
gazzafield

No longer the demand? I would have thought they are the age where demand would be peaking, as they are 10-13 years old and just starting to rot through.

In any case, yes they do seem to be steep, just checked Beevers website and the RRP is £76, so your £56 isn't that bad.

However they are bolt-on and there's a lot of these cars in the breakers' yards. As far as I can tell damage is more of an issue than rust (mine are pretty sound apart from all the dings; it's the rear wings that rust), so you might be lucky down your local scrappy.

Reply to
Chris Bolus

gazzafield (rufty_tufty snipped-for-privacy@nospam.thankyou.says_I) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Because they've still got some in stock, which they want to clear, because there's none of the cars left.

Reply to
Adrian

Try Red Bull.

Reply to