Rover 416 electrical problems

I've had to remove the heated rear screen fuse because it comes on when the ignition is switched off. problem is intermittent....but sometimes, after driving without the heated screen on, it will come on as soon as I turn off the ignition.

Any ideas as to where this problem lies?

Battery flat again this morning, so it seems something else is drawing current too....how do I find out what is drawing enough current to do this overnight (and what is causing it)?

All the Best, John

remove '.fatowl' to reply

Reply to
John T

it's a 1998 S plate btw

All the Best, John

remove '.fatowl' to reply

Reply to
John T

Sounds like a pig but if the heated screen lights coming on them check the ignition switch & the alternator. If it's becomong consistent then pulling fuses whilst watching the current drains the cheapest solution.

Reply to
DuncanWood