Rover 45 steering problem

Hi all

I purchased a Rover 45 a few months back and it has alloy wheels. The car on turning corners sticks to the road like glue but I have noticed that on several occasions whilst going straight at slow speed the car steers to one side of its own accord and was wondering what could be causing this and/or if it is a known problem.

The car is an 02 plate and a 1.6si.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Reply to
skint

Have you had the tracking checked? That usually resolves this sort of thing. Most garages will charge you =A315-=A320 to check and adjust it.

--Alan

alan

Check tyre pressures, check for binding brakes, and are the tyres on the front the same type and size? Also, some cars tend to follow road camber more than others, so make sure you check it on a flat road.

Check for play in all the suspension parts, and if all else fails get the tracking checked.

Biggles

Reply to
Biggles