SAAB 9000 CDE door lock problems

On my SAAB the offside rear door won't open.

Here are some symtoms: o From outside the handle moves, but doesn't open the door.

o From inside the handle moves, but doen't open the door, but I can hear the mechanism towards the rear of the door moving, so some linkages are connected.

o The up/down lock button is not properly connected to what it should be connected to.

The trickiness is that as I can open the door, I can't take the inner door panel off to see what is wrong.

Any suggestions on how to open the door or how to remove the inner door panel with the door closed?

Thanks for your help,

Mike

Reply to
Mr Mike Nospam

It's not something daft, like the child locks having become engaged is it?

Cheers,

Reply to
James Dore

Thanks James. I doubt it. Child locks don't usually stop the door from opening using the external handle.

Cheers,

Mike

Reply to
Mr Mike Nospam

The message from "Mr Mike Nospam" contains these words:

I believe it would be illegal if they did.

Reply to
Guy King

Sorry to bump this thread, but does anyone have tips on how to open a rear car door that won't open using the handles?

Thanks,

Mike

Reply to
Mr Mike Nospam

I only managed this on an ancient Oldsmobile while I was in the states, and the door then wouldn't shut. I managed to get the door inner off, and attacked it with a BFO hammer.

YMMV.

Reply to
James Dore

Are you sure it won't open? I had this - well apparently at least - when I first bought my 9000. It was just stiff - lift the handle from outside while an assistant pushes from inside.

If it really is stuck, then there is a wonderfully helpful Saab forum at

Chris Bolus

Thanks Chris.

Yes I'm sure. It used to open and close freely, it isn't stuck.

Thanks for the pointer to saabscene ... I'll drop by.

I have had a few suggestions from alt.autos.saab ... it looks like the inner door panel can be removed with the door closed. If that turns out to be the case, then I can " just " reconnect whatever link has dropped off.

Mike (With a wry smile knowing nothing with cars can ever " just " be done )

Reply to
Mr Mike Nospam