Screen heat failure

Hello,

The front screen heater matrix is failing to clear the screen in patches. I assume the matrix of fine wires is broken in these areas.

Q. Will the screen now suffer rapid failure across the rest of it as the other wires get more load........ or won't it matter?

Thanks

AndyM

Reply to
AndyM

Air pistol and / or hammer and £50 excess should sort it.

Reply to
SteveH

LOL - you gotta love Ford. Thats the best idea ever having a front screen that defrosts. It's a pity they do break tho. Wish I could retro fit one on my car. PS - No one else seems to do it. Why? Does Ford own the patent or something?

Reply to
Stuart Gray

I'm sure both of my fathers BMW's and the Jag have it. It's been on aircraft for decades though so I doubt it's still under patent.

Reply to
Chris Street

No. They won't take more load as they are wired in parallel, the screen will just take less current.

Reply to
Chris Street

Dunno, but I have to say I love mine :)

Reply to
Tony Bond (UncleFista)

My BMW doesn't - although Fords of the same age and earlier have. Nor is it mentioned in the handbook.

Jaguar might - after all they are Fords.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

You can retrofit one. All you need is a screen, some hefty cable, a relay, a decent 12V source and a switch.

Reply to
Conor