Sending a towbar to the US.

A pal in the US wants a towbar for his E39 tourer. And they simply aren't available in the US (he says) as BMW there doesn't recommend towing with one.

I've agreed to send one to him - but what would be the cheapest option carriage wise? Obviously no rush - but it's an expensive item, so need insurance or whatever.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Only used them within the UK but worth a look I would have thought

Andy

Reply to
Andy Cap

Used these guys in the past, but not to the USA, looks like US delivery is via FedEx

Alan...

Reply to
Alan Smith

I think they may use a 2" ball in the US, so might be worth choosing one with a bolt-on ball?

I got a really good price to Japan with

It was collected from my house by DHL. Very slick, very easy

Reply to
TTT

It also saves you about 1kg in weight...

Reply to
PCPaul

Would NOT recommend parcel2go to anyone, had a very bad experience with them and found them extremely unhelpful. I would recommend pharos international which I believe someone else in this thread has mentioned.

Reply to
leo

Seconded on un-recommending Parcels2Go. Didn't turn up for a collection twice, lied about it, then went quiet when asked for a refund. And asked. And asked...

Reply to
PCPaul