Wheel geometry

I need to put spacers on alloys on the back of our car, just a few mm, there's a bit of rubbing under load.

Do I need to do the front as well, is it important that the wheelbase is square?

Cheers

Reply to
R D S

no need to add to the front as well, many vehicles are a different track width at each end

Reply to
Mrcheerful

Thanks, I have done only the rears.

I expect it is a symptom of how suggestible the mind is that I half expected understeer and now feel it.

Reply to
R D S

Commer PB van springs to mind. And yes, I know I'm showing my age again :-)

Steve

Reply to
shazzbat

Had one as a transporter when I was racing motorcycles in the late '60s.

It wasn't the best handling vehicle I have ever driven...

Chris

Reply to
Chris Whelan

nonsense, but you did need a pillion to hang out of the sliding doors to hold it down on bends

Reply to
Mrcheerful

:-)

I actually bought it as scrap, MOT'd it with no problems, then used it as my only transport for two years.

The only thing that went wrong was a water pump failure that caused the fan blades to start hitting the radiator. I removed the blades to get home; the water pump was the only non-service item I replaced.

I was regularly travelling from the SE to Brands, Snetterton, Thruxton, Cadwell and Oultoun Park ect, sometimes with three bikes and half a dozen people in it!

Chris

Reply to
Chris Whelan

there is one in my road, in regular use !!!

Reply to
Mrcheerful

Crikey, that shows some persistence!

Chris