Skinny Legs

If it's the 2.0 Zetec, then there's the option of throttle bodies (probably cost upwards of 2 grand). That, combined with a nice free flowing exhaust will see it just shy of 200bhp.

Cheaper would be to dump in the 2.5 V6 from the Mondeo or another Cougar. Fantastic engines, and with the ST200 upper/lower inlets, throttle body and management will be, again, just shy of 200bhp. The ST200 engine (SEB) engines has a slightly higher compression ratio, so the standard SEA 170bhp one won't ever make exactly the same power.

Reply to
Sandy Nuts

I see you do not train legs.

Train legs.

Reply to
misanthropic_curmudgeon

It's actually the 2.5 V6 engine that's fitted.

Reply to
Bully

In that case it must be a deficiency elsewhere that you really need to get sorted out.

The 2.5 V6 is plenty, really, for UK roads.

Reply to
PC Paul

Not really. 0-62 in 8.2 seconds doesn't exactly tear the arse cheeks off. ST200 spec should shave a good half second off that, with some appreciable torque increases through the range.

Reply to
Sandy Nuts

Good grief. Must be a lardy beast.

My Carlton GSi wasn't exactly a lightweight but 200bhp got it from 0-60 in under 7 seconds (when new )

I take it back. Get a decent car.

Reply to
PC Paul

It is. Most newer cars are. This particular one is based on the Mondeo chassis, with leather, air con, all the tricks really in the Cougar.

And you think the 3.0 Omega (which superceded the Carlton) would do the same?

Reply to
Sandy Nuts

Plenty enough for what ? To put you to sleep behind the wheel waiting for the car to move ?

Reply to
Lordy.UK

You'd think something with a 'sporty' image (yes, even a Cougar) would manage to slim down *a bit*.

Nah, they were crap ;-)

Reply to
PC Paul

Not really. It's not a sports car.

Reply to
Sandy Nuts

It's a bit sluggish off the mark, but there is a nice sort of power band at about 5 1/2k [can a 4 stroke have a power band?]...

Reply to
Bully

Of course, all engines have a power band. All engines will create more power at a certain RPM than another, so a band represents the power delivery of that specific engine.

Reply to
Sandy Nuts

I have the opposite problem. My calves seem to grow three inches just walking up the stairs. Then I cant get much chast or arm growth with lots of effort. Gotta sue my ancestors!

Reply to
rick++

Ah, my wife has acquaintances similar to that. They only have to look at a cream cake and they put half a stone on !

Reply to
Bully

The message from "Bully" contains these words:

I don't eat chocolate, I find it more efficient to just strap the bars round my waist.

Reply to
Guy King

I doubt it. I remember reading that the Omega MV6 (the so-called 'sporty' one) had a 0-60 time of something like 8.2 seconds. Don't know if that was the 3 litre or 3.2, mind, but it's still s**te.

Reply to
AstraVanMan

I suppose it could appear so if your previous car was a 1.8 Mondeo or something similar... :)

Reply to
Lordy.UK

It's not /that/ far behind the Carlton though - as this talk about a GSi3000 doing 60mph in under seven seconds is complete and utter bollocks.

Reply to
Lordy.UK