Soft top cleaning.

Having recently got a car with a fabric soft top, do I really need to pay

20 quid for a kit to clean it with safely?
Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I usually just clean mine with car shampoo - but a couple of times a year, I use one of the kits - to remove the inground dirt, mildew, etc - plus to re-proof it, so the water beads and rolls off the fabric, rather than soaking in.

Which reminds me - I need to do the Saab as it's looking a little green around the edges.

Reply to
steve.hamer