Speed camera

Very unusual for me, I wasn't paying attention and the cars speed wandered up to 88 on a dual carriageway.

What I thought parked up in a layby was a road maintenance van but I realised as I went past it that it was a speed camera car due to the little black square window.

I had just overtaken another car who must have been doing almost the same as me as I just crept by him. He was in the nearside lane and I was in the outside lane as we went passed the camera.

The 14 days are now up and I have had no NIP.

What is most likely, that the camera got the other car or that his car shielded my number plate from the camera as I pulled out and overtook him?

Can a speed camera take a photo of two cars both over the limit at the same time but in different lanes? How could they prove which car had triggered the camera?

Reply to
Ted H

Probably on a tea break. Keep your fingers crossed. ;-)

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

It's possible you weren't going fast enough to trigger a prosecution. 88 indicated could be 78 real, which is less than 10%+2 over. If that's the case, just count yourself lucky :-)

Reply to
Clive George

88mph? Were you driving a DeLorean?
Reply to
The Other Mike

:-)

Reply to
newshound

If so he can go back and cancel the ticket.

Chris

Reply to
Chris Whelan

No, do it properly! :-)