speed cameras

can speed cameras snap someone driving towards one on the opposite side of the road?

Reply to
billybronco

Gatso can only photo as you pass it, but tuvalus (sp) do it on the way in. As for the other side of the road, I'm not so sure about.

Reply to
barry

Taken from the following site:

Q, Can a gatso camera take a forward facing photo of a driver and is that evidence be admissible in court? I was flashed twice the other day as I approached a gatso.

A, As long as it is a Type 24 Gatso then no. The gatso is not approved for forward facing pictures and more often than not will not get you in the pictures well enough anyway. Do not mistake a TruVelo Forward facing camera for a Gatso, TruVelo cameras do take forward facing pictures.

Reply to
Brian G

Using Doppler radar IIRC and have a "white" light flash.

but tuvalus (sp) do it on the way

(facing them) Using induction loops/sensors set into the road, these have and infra red flash with IR sensitive film.

Also SPECS can work both ways,

Reply to
Tom Burton