Speed up the ball bearing

After more than a few spins, the free fidget spinner that we got from a newspaper offer now seems more noisy than when we first got it.

I read not to put oil in the ball bearings because that will slow it down.

Would a *tiny* drop of WD40 (according to NASA not a lubricant, but a moisture displacement agent) or a *tiny* drop of silicon oil likely to speed things up?

Reply to
john west

on 05/09/2017, john west supposed :

WD40 will dry out to become a thick wax. A thin normal oil might work, such as sewing machine oil.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

fitting some decent quality bearings would be the first thing

Reply to
MrCheerful

+1
Reply to
newshound

Try powdered graphite (used for locks)?

Reply to
Bob Eager

More likely to build up and cause skidding. NASA found this in the

1960's. There are quite a lot of rolling element bearings used in satellites for solar panels and attitude control wheels. Indium plating was one of the things used, also low volatility oils, but I am not very up-to-date.
Reply to
newshound