Stalling problem...Help needed!

My girlfriends '98 Ford Ka2 has started having problems lately. When she accelerates and then pushes the clutch pedal to change gear the engine revs quite hard and so when the higher gear is engaged the car sort of judders forward more than it should. It also works in reverse in that when were going down a hill in a gear such as 3rd the engine doesnt feel like its holding us back like it should. Any ideas?

It doesnt seem to do it first time but if the car is driven and then left for say half an hour and used again (as in a trip to tescos or something) then it will almost certainly do it.

Also sometimes the car will stall when slowing down say at a junction. Its only done it twice so far in 2 weeks but it is worrying since the power steering stops working.

We will take it to the garage at the weekend but i just wondered if anyone knew what problem she might have.

many regards

Dan Bowles

Reply to
Aqueousdan