Standard airline connector?

buy one here for about a tenner:

Mrcheerful

Ah, cheers, I'll keep an eye out (do they get near Norf Lundin do you know)?

All the best ..

T i m

Reply to
T i m

I'm not sure that is the same thing you see on eBay (it looks better / more versatile).

All the best ..

T i m

Reply to
T i m

Yeah, thanks a bunch for that Duncan, just what I needed, more choice!

All the best ..

T i m

Reply to
T i m

Well for garage use pcl or universal & 1/4" (or 3/8" for the impact wrench/anything else that thirsty) are fine.

Reply to
Duncan Wood

The main advantage of ebay is you can get a mixed bag. Personally I find the surface conditioning discs incredibly usefull.

Reply to
Duncan Wood

Understood but I was really focusing on the actual backing pad / or fitting, rather than the pads themselves.

I'm not sure if they are all created equal. ie, those that mention spindle size mention 6mm and most of the 90 deg air die drivers are

1/4". Now I know 1/4" = 6.35mm so a 1/4" collet should (might) go down to 6mm but if not, and if the driving stub were removable, I could probably turn a 1/4" one up? Or, as with my mates Bluepoint setup, the pad is bolted directly to the tool (no collets etc).

So far I've really only used the straight abrasive pads for tidying up car rust etc but I could see the surface conditioning ones being useful as well. [1]

All the best ..

T i m

[1] I've bought 2 x 2500 x 100 x 100 x 5 mm steel 'posts' to replace the rotten wooden ones (again) on our side gates. I've cleaned the protective oil off and am letting them gain a little surface rust as I've found that a good way of providing a bit of a key pre painting. I could use the surface conditioning pad to remove any loose rust pre painting.
Reply to
T i m

SIP obviously make them

Duncan Wood

Ah, well spotted that man. ;-)

The thing is with those sets (and why haven't gone for one as yet) is you can often pay for things you don't need?

I've got a straight die grinder on it's way from eBay (£11) and am also looking for a right angle one. I've also got a couple of sets of pads on their way ... 50 off 50mm mixed disks with holder for £19 (I'm gonna give one set to my mate as I've used a few of his whilst doing the rear o/s sill / arch on the missuses Astra).

I'm not sure those stone grinding things are worth much, especially cheapo ones (they don't even last on the Dremmel).

My mate has a nice set of 1/4" shaft burrs (£60, Blue Point) that I have used several times and I'd say they were well worth it (very tough, even on weld).

All the best ..

T i m

Reply to
T i m

ones (they don't even last on the Dremmel).

You can pick up genuine Garrysson burrs on ebay pretty cheaply, Proper grinding stones are a consumable though, you will munch through them.

Reply to
Duncan Wood

Ah, they are the badgers are they thanks, although now I'm looking at them I think my mates little 4 piece set must be rotary cutters rather than burrs (ie they have directional teeth rather than lumps or burrs).

Yeah, and why I don't think getting a 'set' that includes say 20 of them (to make you think you are getting a lot of 'bits') is always such vfm. From experience I'd rather buy the actual bits as / when I need them and even lose (ie, no even t in a nice storage box) as it's only more things to find a home for in my little workshop. :-(

I was thinking of making a soundproof cover / box to go over the compressor (just to take the edge off the sound, suitable ventilation etc) and I was going to include a draw at the top to hold all the air tools.

All the best and thanks again Duncan ;-)

T i m

Reply to
T i m