Window seal on a Volvo 850 - easy to fit ?

Hi - looks as if some scrote has ripped off the black rubber sealing strip between the drivers window and the top of the drivers door on the missus's 850.

Water going straight down into the door ! I have sealed up with black tape but now can't lower the window of course.

So, I assume I can get a replacement strip quite easily from Volvo but I have never fitted one before. Can I just replace the lower strip or do I need the other 3 sides as well ? Do they just "pop" in or is there a trick to it. Also do they need fixing in with any adhesive or liquid sealant ?

Any tips welcomed

Thanks

-- JohnB

Reply to
JohnB

The message from JohnB contains these words:

The lower is a completely different thing to the other three sides - it's just a squeegee to remove the worst of the water from the windows before it goes into the door.

Obviously you need to replace it, but it's not vital - doors are designed to cope with water coming in through this route. There's only a problem if the drains at the bottom of the door aren't clear.

As for fitting it - all those I've seen are just a push fit. The wife's Clio one comes adrift from time to time - just push it back on.

Reply to
Guy King

Hi Guy - picked up the replacement seal today - it is not just push fit :-(

At each end is a "dangly" rubber tab with a hole in. These obviously go into hooks/studs on the inner door frame. So the panel will have to come off - hopefully I wont have to take the glass out.

-- JohnB

Reply to
JohnB

The message from JohnB contains these words:

Ah well - it'll be a chance to explore the door's innards.

I've got to find time this weekend to have another go at sealing the Clio's sunroof. She's fed up with having a shower on the way to work.

Reply to
Guy King

Turns out that the Volvo droids gave me the wrong part !! Discovered after 2 hours footling on Saturday.

Looks as if the right part will be push fit after all.

-- JohnB

Reply to
JohnB