How easy to get a code for a Volvo Radio ?

Hi

The missus's Volvo 850 had the battery disconnected today and now the Radio/Cass wants a code ! How quaint.

Naturally there is no record of this in any of the paperwork that came with the car a month or so ago.

Never having had a radio with a code before....

I assume the next step is to contact the local dealership. Will they have it and if so what will it take to get it from them ?

I'd assume a fistful of cash, V5, Passport, and urine sample will be necessary ?

If they dont have it - what then ?

Cheers

-- JohnB

Reply to
JohnB

Your local back-street car audio dealer can probably decode it for less than your main dealer will charge for a code.

Reply to
SteveH

Ring your local dealer. I've had them give me the code for free on producing the log book and some ID on a quiet day. Others have charged £10 - 15. If they don't give it you do as Steve H says - it'll be cheaper.

Mike P

Reply to
Mike P

Pull the radio out, 9 out of 10 have the code written on them !!!

mrcheerful

Reply to
mrcheerful

Mike/Steve

Never having done this - do you need the serial number of the radio (i..e need to take it out 1st) before they can work out the code ?

Regards

Reply to
JohnB

I had a good relationship with my dealer, code was free. Volvo are quite good like that.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

You could always try

you will need the make model and serial number.

Reply to
gazzafield

Yes ! remarkably they say just come in and they will do it for free as i'm such a good customer !

Cheers

-- JohnB

Reply to
JohnB

- you just enter the serial number of theradio. If they have a code (in most cases it's yes) you pay £6 with aPaypal account and get your code instantly. There are plenty of other online sources but this one seems cheaper than most.

Reply to
Chris Bolus