STP Injector Cleaner put into diesel

Hello,

My wife has just poured a 250ml bottle of STP injector cleaner into a full tank of diesel. Then reading the bottle, she noticed it was for petrol engines and phoned me from the garage..

Will it will damage engine ? Or should we get the tank drained.

-- Zozzer

Reply to
Zozzer

Should be OK,just don't thrash the engine and top up with diesel often to dilute "it"

You could also look at the label to see If there's a help line or a web page?

Reply to
Tommy

I agree. It **WILL BE** fine. Especially as its diluted by a full tank of Diesel. Deep breath...and Relax :-)

Graham

Reply to
Graham

Before I put the injector cleaner in the tank I asked a fellow member of staff I work at the garage I bought it from which one to use (Me being a woman asked a man for advice) he said it would be ok I did fill the car up with diesel it was three quarters empty so I do hope I will be ok. Thanks for the replys

Mrs Zozzer

Reply to
Mrs Zozzer

It'll be fine. The winter diesels got more light oils in it than that.

Reply to
Duncan Wood

Out of interest, my old van can take up to 30% petrol in its diesel tank according to the VW handbook. VW LT35 6 cyl DW engine 1987.

Graham

Reply to
Graham

Petrol or parafin , it used to be quite common n the continent to put parrafin into desiel tanks in the winter

Reply to
steve robinson

Winter diesel? It's June! :P

Reply to
Abo

Exactly.

Reply to
Duncan Wood

Do the fuel companies still do that? I presumed it was the same all year round nowadays. My van has not moved since the end of 2004 and whatever fuel is in there it starts *instantly* summer or winter.

Graham

Reply to
Graham

Isn't this just vastly over priced kerosene in a fancy bottle ?

Reply to
Shaun

I wonder if some of the high price (apart from marketing mark-up) for what is 95% paraffin, is tax as its to be used in a road vehicle. Do you think the company making it would have to pay tax as if it was fuel sold at the pumps? I get the feeling the government would not let this one get past them?

Graham

Reply to
Graham

If it were, 250ml would attract about 13p of fuel duty. So I think it counts as pretty much irrelevant.

cheers, clive

Reply to
Clive George

Times millions of bottles sold. Try telling the taxman that. I'd happily have the income at 0.1p per bottle (£1000 per million sold).

Graham

Reply to
Graham

In article , Abo writes