Synergie/806/ulysse

The light behind the outside temp gauge indicator centre dashboard has failed.Do i have to remove the entire tacho/speedo/fuel gauge etc console out to replace or is it an led fibre optic or something.Does the dash come out easy or is it nightmare job. Thanks ps my car is an early Ulysse and there is no haynes for it.

Reply to
Capt T

Hi, I've got a 98 Synergie and had to do this job last year. Its a conventional bulb in an instrument cluster like most other cars. You don't have to take the wheel off, just the ignition cowling plus the central vents. I struggled like mad with mine and tried my luck calling in at the back of the local Citroen dealers where I was fortunate enough to catch a fitter in a good mood. Basically the hard bit is there are two concealed torx screws underneath the cluster unit which are accessed using a small extension piece ( or a long torx screwdriver ) Its a bitch to access but I don't recall they need to be completely unscrewed..just maybe loosened a few turns.

HTH,

PS what do you think of the cars in general ? They aren't the nicest lookers but once you get over that they are really comfy well spec'd buses, plus they benefit from the same engines as the Xantia/406 and the running gear of all the various vans. I've had mine 2½ years and 20k( currently 115k) miles and its only needed a few tyres / brakepads and passed 3 MOTS 1st time out. I'm thinking of offloading it only because I want a newer one with a HDI engine.

Reply to
Ebodscki

I don't know personally, but you could try asking in the alt.auto.fiat newsgroup ?

Graam

Reply to
Graham