They deny it, but ...

... I'm convinced the Dealer "did something" to the transmission, or the electronics that control it, on my car during its last routine service. On enquiring, I was careful to point out I wasn't complaining - just the opposite, in fact - but they claimed not to have done anything to affect it.

Omega 2.5 Auto ... it's as if another couple of intermediate ratios have magically appeared, the change is smoother, and it always seems to be in the right 'gear' for the driving conditions, whereas before, it would typically have to downshift to meet a power demand. The 'sport' mode seems to operate the same as before, it's 'normal' mode that seem to be much improved. I enjoyed driving the car before, but now it's a positive delight!

But the Dealer denies having anything to do with it. Any ideas on what might be going on here?

The car - an 'R'-plater' - has done just under 60K not particularly hard miles, and the last service included work to fix a water leak around the oil cooler. Because of this, the garage suggested they "might have disconnected the battery and the electronics defaulted to factory settings and would have to 'learn' all over again." This sounds like garbage to me - especially since the service was a couple of months ago now and the characteristics still feel the same.

I'm quite delighted to have the result, but I'd like to know how .............

Reply to
Mike Faithfull

Have you had it from new or did someone else teach it? If you had it from new how did you run it in? Nice and gently with no sudden demands for power?

Peter Hill

(snip ..)

I've had it from new, and a fair assessment would be that it has had a "varied" life - never thrashed (even though it was originally a company car!!) but has enjoyed some 'brisk' journeys, and much gentle pootling around town.

Reply to
Mike Faithfull