Torque Steer in a 4WD

Just wondering, do 4WD vehicles suffer from torque steer?

Peter

Reply to
AstraVanMan

They can do.

Reply to
Duncan Wood

No hint of it on either of my Celica GT4's. Mike.

Reply to
Mike G

But I bet you the 4x4 Sierra Cossie does. Even tho I've never driven one ; )

Reply to
Stuart Gray

nope :) cars that have big power AND a front LSD may do, but i've never experienced torque steer in any sierra 4x4 but even then, with an lsd fitted to the front you will not bet any steering feel as it's balancing the cars pwoer delivery, thus negating the effects that you are looking for :)

Reply to
dojj

ALL cars with driven front axles suffer from torque steer it is just how much and how much the driver feels at the steering wheel that varies.

Reply to
bonzo

in that case, the sierra suffers from torque steer but you can't notice it as all the 4wd variants had power steering and this dulls the feedback you get from the front wheels (is that what you wanted to hear :) )

Reply to
dojj

message

never driven one

never experienced

bet any steering

negating the effects

is just how

varies.

If the driven front wheels don't affect the steering on a 4WD car, the car doesn't *suffer* from torque steer. Which I guess is all Peter wanted to know. Mike.

Reply to
Mike G