Touching up advice needed

We have used touch up paint on metallic pepper red Ford. The clearcoat has gone on a bit thick and lumpy! Will t-cut sort it out - the patch does not feel at all smooth to the touch!!!

Help and advice would be much appreciated...

Gerry

Reply to
Gerry Brown

:)

Reply to
b_white

Thanks but not over helpful - can anyone help with an answer to the original query: We have used touch up paint on metallic pepper red Ford. The clearcoat has gone on a bit thick and lumpy! Will t-cut sort it out - the patch does not feel at all smooth to the touch!!!

Help and advice would be much appreciated...

Gerry

Reply to
Gerry Brown

T-cut should rub it back. I take it you've got one of those kits with a pot of colour, and a pot of clearcoat, with little brushes? In my experience touch up paint isn't that hard and needs a week or so to dry before you go near it with abrasives or you find out that the middle of the paint is much softer than the top layer.

Reply to
Doki

Thanks

Yes I have one of those kits and the clear coat went very lumpy - possibly because of how cold it was. Are you saying wait a week before T Cut?

Gerry

Reply to
bg.brown