Fixing Minor Car-Scratches!

Hey folks,

Today I have managed to acquire some scratches, looks like the clown who done it made it a bit harder for me to cover-up than I first thought.

The scratches appear as white, but can be rubbed away slightly, but it's dark so can't completely tell at the moment.

My car is a 1995 red Micra, not the greatest I'll agree.

My question is basically is there any decent cover-up agent I can get from a motor-factors, online, or halfords to cover this up? It is a medium-shade of red, if that is any help in answering my query!

Also, will this start to rust pretty quickly? I suppose I mean if I don't get this fixed within the next few days is it likely to cause a lot of hassle?

Thanks very much for any responses provided!!

Yozzi :-)

Reply to
Yozzi

If it's base and clearcoat, as most recent cars are, the clearcoat goes white when scratched. If not deep it will polish out. Try some T-Cut etc

- if the cloth becomes red it ain't got a clearcoat.

Most of those coloured polishes simply don't work - apart from leaving signs of colour on the black plastic. ;-(

If it's showing white I doubt it has gone through the paint.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)