Toyota plip (remote) key

Anyone have an idea where I might get a key and have it programmed?

Do NOT suggest a Toyota dealer at £160.00 !

Reply to
""manx.exile "

Oddly enough, I was going to suggest exactly that... Well partly. On an=20 Avensis I had for 18 months the key kept draining batteries and losing=20 programming (faulty key). It usually involved me ending up at a dealer=20 where much slamming of doors, turning of keys, applying of pedals in the=20 correct sequence got the key reprogrammed for free. They never offered=20 to replace it. A key with the electronics cost 50p from a breaker and a=20 blank was cut for =A35 and I managed to fit it into the body of scrap key= =20 and glue it back in. A trip to the dealer got that one programmed in to=20 the unit too.=20

Warwick

Reply to
Warwick

After waking all the neighbours for three hundred yards as I drove off this morning at 7 o'clock with siren blaring, I went to the Toyota dealer in Leicester - Messrs FARMER & CARLISLE - and a very nice man did for me exactly what he did for you Warwick AND for no renumeration!

I shall be trolling the scrappies now for a plip key! Where did you manage to get a blank from?

Pete

Reply to
""manx.exile "