Tracking and Camber Adjustment on a '91 Rover 416.

Since I got my rear bushes replaced my tyres are wearing rear fast on the inside edges.

Also the front right tyre is wearing on the left hand edge.

I can't find play anywhere.

Am I right in thinking the first thing to do to work out what's going on is to get the tracking done and rear camber?

What should this cost? How long shoudl it take?

Why can so few places do the camber?

Reply to
toad_oftoadhall

The rear wear is caused because the tyres are toeing out (in all probability) Return the car to the place that did the bushes and get them to finish the job, as checking and adjusting the tracking is part of the job of replacing the bushes.

At the front of the arm where it meets the body is an adjustment point for the tracking. 9 out of ten times this has not been reset to its original position and just done up anywhere. Look at the underseal and you may be able to see where it should be, this will give a fairly accurate position to start with. The other problem is that the rear arms are easily distorted during the bush change.

mrcheerful

Reply to
mrcheerful

The message from "mrcheerful ." contains these words:

And, of course, the bushes may not be precisely the same alignment as the originals.

Reply to
Guy King

It's not going back there. The reason I'm having to do this is because the bastards who did the tracking *deliberately* moved the tracking on both sides to its furthest extent. Presumably just to cause me some hassle. Which it has. I can clearly see where the old position was so they could have just put it back as it was. The chose not to. Wankers.

Reply to
toad_oftoadhall

True in the 80's but this is the 00's and lots of cars have multi-link rear suspension that can be adjusted. Tyre shops are staffed by muppets. One national chain that advertises on TV have so much faith in their staff's ability to carry a job out properly and are so keen to train their staff for Investors in People awards that they won't insure them to do rear tracking (toe in/out). To compensate for misaligned rear tracking they set the car up to scrub the front's away in 6 months instead of telling the owner that it needs the rear alignment doing and they should go somewhere else.

Reply to
Peter Hill