Tracking problem ?

Peugeot 306 Turbo Diesel just had a new front drivers side tyre fitted and had the tracking adjusted. Now when accelerating the car pulls to the right then straightens out when I take my foot off the gas. This has only been since the new tyre/tracking. Tyre pressures seem are ok so is it just a poor tracking adjustment?

Reply to
Wainscotting

Probably due to either worn bushes, or a mechanic who doesn't know how to track properly.

I had to show Bathwick Tyres in Poole how to make tracking adjustments on the Polo Mk2 before he would touch it!!!

Any

Reply to
Denley

Switch the tyres front to rear, also check the tyres are the same size and if the wheel used was previously the spare wheels are identical in width and backspace left to right.

Reply to
awm

Unmatched tyres on the back? Don't fancy that.

Reply to
Doki

The new tyre is the same size as the rest and the wheel was not the spare. Just had drivers side front wheel taken off, tyre replaced and balanced followed by tracking adjustment. My wife is the main driver of the car and she noticed it the minute she collected the car from the garage. When I drove it in a built up (30mph) I couldn't detect anything but when in driving faster than 30 it is noticable. On the motorway it is very noticable.

Reply to
Wainscotting

Always put the new tyres on the back.

Peter Hill

That depends on the car, doesn't it?

IMHO, I prefer new tyres to be on the driven wheels.

Reply to
SteveH

No.

Reply to
Dave Plowman

snipped-for-privacy@italiancar.co.uk (SteveH) mumbled:

Oh, no, not again!

Reply to
Guy King

You've been here too long ! :-)

Andy

Reply to
Andy Pandy

Have they just adjusted front tracking, which is usual? Ask them to do a four-wheel tracking check, which should correct any irregularities in alignment. Costs more but worth it. Also make sure they use a proper laser tracking equipment, which is much more accurate, than the old jig with mirrors.

Alec

Reply to
Alec

Seems it was the nearside wishbone bush that was the culprit.

Reply to
Wainscotting