Tracking question

Just visited the local tyre garage as couple of tyres required replacing and the mechanics measured the tracking. It was 3mm out - is this a lot?

Reply to
dave F

Yes. Certainly too much to ignore. You'll be getting raid tyre wear.

Rob Graham

Reply to
Robin Graham

Not knowing the answer to your question, I Googled and found this:

DB.

"raid tyre wear" Is that two tyres or more wearing at the same rate? ; )

Reply to
Taz

Sorry. I needed to go for a P and I've got one now. 'Rapid'

Rob

Reply to
Robin Graham

What a great website, cheers for posting that!

Reply to
dave F

Exactly the problem - the outside was fine but the inside was completely bald. The tyres had a tread depth of 1.6mm+ across 75% of the tyre width making the tyres legal but having 25% bald tyres is not a good thing especially with the approaching winter weather.

Reply to
dave F

There you go. Track it right and put on some new tyres.

Rob

Reply to
Robin Graham