Trailer indicator light - how to fit on Astra?

I have an Astra 1.7.TDi estate (1992). I wish to fit the towing electrics and have purchased the kit from a dealer. However, a little bulb need to be put behind the instrument panel - can anyone tell me how to open things up to do this? Many thanks for any help.

Regards.

Reply to
Ziggy

Ziggy ( snipped-for-privacy@nowhere.notime) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Don't bother. Just put a buzzer in line with the towbar socket. Available from any trailer/towing supplies place for next-to-nothing. FAR easier to fit, and less distracting.

Reply to
Adrian

The message from Adrian contains these words:

Odd - I find the buzzers infuriating and prefer to have the dashboard light.

Luckily on the Montego the bulb's alread there you just have to change the relay.

Reply to
Guy King

Guy King ( snipped-for-privacy@zetnet.co.uk) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Tuck the buzzer away better, so it's not so loud...

On both the current XM and the previous CX, I put the buzzer tucked behind the boot side trim.

Perfectly audible if you listened for it, but not so loud that it intruded.

The warning light/buzzer is no substitute for a proper trailer light check, anyway. All it *should* do is remind you that there's a trailer strapped to the back.

Reply to
Adrian

... and I think it makes you legal as well - the audible or visual warning is a legal requirement.

Reply to
Richard Murphy

The message from "Richard Murphy" contains these words:

Quite right - but I prefer the light to the buzzer.

Reply to
Guy King