Transit van payload

Hi all, I am trying to find the payload of my 1996, 120, semi hi top, swb transit van. I have looked everywhere online but can`t seem to find it. I have no manual for it.

Thanks for any help.

John

Reply to
John Woodhall

look on the rating plate, usually in the passenger step area iirc

Reply to
mrcheerful

Oopps, good idea, can`t believe I didn`t think of it. Does anyone have an idea where I can get my hands on an online handbook?

Thanks

John

Reply to
John Woodhall

You will also need some more info - the kerbside weight of your tranny with driver and equipment, have a word with your friendly weighbridge operator weigh off unloaded with full tanks and deduct this from the GVW on your plate this gives you the payload Derek

Reply to
Derek

a quick google shows: 120 Short Wheelbase, SRW Wheelbase = 2835mm, Rear Of Cab To End-of-Chassis Length = 2336mm, Payload = 1270kg, GVW = 2750kg

mrcheerful

Reply to
mrcheerful

Why when you can use any of the ministry operated weighbridges for free?

Reply to
Conor

True, you can use a ministry weighbridge for free. But they tend to be few and far between, especially when you want one, like the plod, also they may be open spasmodically and only when they're doing other checks as well, which the OP might or might not welcome.

Fortunately, most scrapyards I know will tell you the weight as you're on the bridge for free, My local one only charged me when I needed a certificate for plating purposes, and then only a quid. In some cases you can read the weight display as you drive on, as at my local sand&gravel place. No excuse then.

Anyway Conor, here's a question for you.

Why are they called suzies? I've been asking this for twenty years and the closest I've got to an answer is "Suzy invented them"

Steve

Reply to
shazzbat

Thats great, never thought of putting that into a search engine. Thanks

John.

Reply to
John Woodhall

Sureley the correct answer if you are a white van man is as much as will fit in it regardless of weight.

Reply to
Gary Millar

Snip

Which is why I decided to find out. 2 cubic metres of soil and 10, 2 by 2 slabs, and boy did those mudguards scrape the floor. ;-)

Reply to
John Woodhall