Tyre mileage

Fiat Panda down to 1.6mm in 11,000 miles! And that's Conti Eco-Contact!

Reply to
Paul Cummins

Our Fiat Panda manages that; 12000 mile service interval, 2 new front tyres...

Reply to
Paul Cummins

The message from "Malc" contains these words:

I've been a passenger with drivers who feel like they could shag a set of tyres in short order just on motorways. Always up the arse of the car in front, braking hard then swearing at the traffic, accelerating into every tiny space, swerving into a lane which might be going half a furlong per fortnight faster than the one they were in.

Of course - I rarely travel with 'em twice...

Reply to
Guy King

The daily J turn out of my parking space would not have helped, nor the 11s on the exit from the carpark.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

It was. The one that melted the back bumper from the exhaust on the autobahn.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

Agreed. The Celica GT4 has Pirelli P7000's on. They were fitted when I bought the car about 9000 miles ago. They had some signs of being worn in. They haven't worn any further since. I don't hang about.

In contrast My old Saab 900 had Avon ZV1s fitted by me. In 14k miles they only had about 4mm tread left on the front, but like new on the back, in about 15 months. both cars driven in the same way, roughly the same mileage, on the same route most of the time.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar