Van tyre, car valve fitted

I had four tyres (Firestone CV3000) fitted to my van by ATS a few months ago. Its a big thing VW LT35 and on one tyre the valve is short and looks like a car valve to me. This tyre also went down from 60 to 50psi from July to Sept and I suspect the valve. My old tyres never lost pressure so fast. Even over a year sitting on drive unused they only lost about 5psi.

I should go back and get them to change the valve anyway as valve is too short to get access to when wheel trims fitted.

Any thoughts if the valve could cause this? The front tyres also lost a fair bit. 50 to 42psi over a few months. The other rear tyre has happily sat at the correct 60psi all this time.

Mark

Reply to
Mark

"Mark" gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

AIUI, a valve's a valve. The only difference is some are short, some are long - it's purely a length thing, and makes no other difference than ease of reach.

Reply to
Adrian

FFS...why did they lose that? Surely you should have been topping up the pressure if they were low?

And a LT35 is big? ROFLMFAO.

Reply to
Conor

Correct. A lorry tyre valve is the same as a car one and that is inflated to 120PSI.

Reply to
Conor

If it's a current shape LWB, it's about as big as a van gets. They're fecking huge. For a van.

Reply to
SteveH

Calm down, calm down. If I guess correctly, you are getting high blood pressure over the length of time its been loosing pressure without checking or topping up pressures. Its been standing on the drive unused for the past few months, so you can calm down now.

Just pointiong out its not a small combi van. Don't worry I won't threaten your manhood (Mines bigger than yours tripe).

Oh, conor, you have been doing so well recently. Better check the medication as I fear its not doing its job.

:-)

Reply to
Mark