Doh

Somone drove into me today :( I was in a car park reversing into a space, and so looking behind when i heard a loud crash, look to my right and i had the arse end of a 106 in my face. Now a nice dent/scratch all down the door and across a bit of the rear quarater. Not good. Swapped all details and have phoned ins company. It couldnt be argued that it was 50/50 could it? I was looking where i was putting the car (ie out the back window) and so the front was swinging round although there was nothing in the way when i looked round and she wasnt even moving, and she clearly wasnt looking at all at where she was going.

Hopefully it'll all get repaired but thats a little niggle at the back of my mind that they'll say 50/50 and it wont get fixed, or they'll just write it off completely

BTW no damage to the bloody 106 grrrrrrrrrr

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

That could write it off IMO. See if you can get a Cash in Lieu and find a scrappy door.

Reply to
Doki

Depends how much they offer me, as i've got plenty of history and bills to try and get a good price. If its not good enough, thats probably what i'll do

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

Looks like you found your "expensive repair"

'least you've got the bad luck out of the way right at the beginning.

Reply to
fishman

"fishman" wrote

Look, just ignore me, I mixed you up with Chris B :S

Reply to
fishman

Just negotiate a price with them of £xxx + the car as salvage.

-- Peter

Get Circumcised to e-mail me Raising money for the Tsunami Appeal: -

AstraVanMan

I was just about to sat WTF are you on about?!!! :)

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

Possibly. I'm hoping it wont come to that as it doesnt look that bad, but knowing the price of toyota parts, who can tell!!

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

Ah - the Mr. Two. For some reason I thought you were on about the DTurbo. Then again, that's off the road at the mo, innit?

-- Peter

Get Circumcised to e-mail me Raising money for the Tsunami Appeal: -

AstraVanMan

Then again, that's off the road at the mo,

Yeah the Mr2, forgot to mention that. The Dturbo is being driven about by my g/f at the mo, which is why i cant start doing any work to it until she gets a new car in the summer.

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

if she was stationary, it's your fault.

Reply to
LiGhTnInG

"LiGhTnInG" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@individual.net...

Nicely edited. Try reading the rest of it maybe?

Reply to
DanTXD

I was still stuck thinkin it was an XS. I spend too much time having a life :(

Reply to
Chet

Fuck off back to your hole

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

Whilst that may be correct, I don't see how it applies here ?

If she had been stationary, then clearly she couldn't have driven into the side of Carl - cos he was going backwards !

Having said that, some dumbass broad drove into me in a car park, about 6 years ago, at about 30mph (!!!!!). I saw her coming and stopped. She hit my front bumper at an angle, and glanced off in her Rover 25. Almost no damage to my 405 - needed a new front bumper and headlight, and the leading edge of the bonnet was scraped a bit. She'd caved in the whole front passenger corner of hers. I didn't even bother claiming for mine - just sorted it out with some bits from the scrappy for about £40. She did claim however, and for whiplash too. I was most amused when the insurance company wrote informing me they were treating it as 50:50. So I wrote back, and said "Er, there's not a chance in hell that I'm accepting that". I pointed out that I was stationary at the time of the incident. She was travelling at 30mph in a car park (!!!!!!!!) in slippery wet conditions. It was clearly her fault. Again, they wrote back and said "Yep, 50:50". Again, I wrote back, and said "NO !". Never heard anything more about it - so I have no idea what the eventual outcome was !

Reply to
Nom

Yeah sounds like its either Carl's fault or knock for knock, Sounds like Carl reversed into her, and while your space was clear at first, it looks like she then got into a space where you didnt see her.

I dont know how you play somthing like this, just let the insurance companies sort it out, unless you got witnesses to say it was her fault.

Reply to
Ronny

Unlucky m8.. If she was stationery at the time you started the reversing manoeuver then I would say it's definitely her fault, because she should have waited for you to complete it before moving out herself. If she didn't see you (maybe some ugly 4x4 was in adjacent space blocking her view ;-), then she was probably rushing too much or generally being negligent.. either way, just make that clear on your claim and depending on how much she lies it'll probably go your way.

I had a prang once when pulling out of a side road to turn to the right. I had looked right, looked left and I started to pull out at the same time as turning my head back to the right again, and in that second a WVD pulled out of a parking space opposite the junction and we collided. I thought it was rather 50/50 since I think I started pulling out a fraction of a second before swinging my head back to the right again, but the guy definitely hadn't been indicating to pull out of that parking space because I had scanned the row when I looked right in the first place, and he must have seen me, plus he was pulling out from the wrong side of the road for the direction he was facing (not illegal but generally frowned upon IIRC), plus he was parked almost opposite a junction (normally frowned upon again, but it was actually a marked parking bay, though I didn't mention that in the claim ;), so I stated those facts and that I thought he had clearly not been driving with due consideration, and the case went my way :-)

Bigus

Reply to
Bigus

I have spent hours trying to recreate the crash, you could send this to your insurance people, although it might not help you win your case.:))

As you can see drawing is one of my many skillz

Ronny

:o) I dare you to send that to your insurers. it's awesome!

Reply to
Mason

I like the woman in disabled car parking space bit :)

Reply to
Ronny