Using Bluecol daft?

A little while ago I was given a tin of 'ancient' coolent which had been out of sight in someones shed. "Bluecol" made by smiths industries. It says on the tin its etylene-glycol based.

I thought for a while maybe an automobile museum might like it, but then decided they must have dozens of battered old Bluecol tins.

My thinking is now, that if the tin is not rusted on the inside i would use the coolent in my 2002 Corolla. I dont like to waste things and it needs a coolent top up; but is this a daft idea?

Reply to
john thompson

your Toyota needs the right stuff in it. Bluecol was the best you could buy, and if your system was drained and flushed then you could use the bluecol (in the right proportion) without worry for two years. The proper Toyota stuff will last ten. If you just don't care then put it in anyway, nothing drastic will happen immediately.

Reply to
Mrcheerful

If it's old Bluecol, make sure it says on the container for aluminium engines, even if yours is iron. The other stuff corrodes things. Personally, I'd dispose of it.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)