Vauxhall Corsa 3 cylinder S reg help!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 weeks ago, the car cut out whilst driving. All lights on dashboard came on and would not re start. Local garage came to help and managed to jump start it. Checked battery and everything was fine. Day after, went to start car and just turned over. Local garage gave me a lift home and went to tow car to garage. They got it onto tow truck and it started!!! took it back to garage and checked it over for faults. could find nothing so he cleaned the fuel pipes out. 3rd day. Full service carried out Now, cut out on me again as I came to a stop and wouldnt start. Pushed it home (well my OH did!) went to it about 20 minutes later and it started!!!! ANY IDEAS???? Its driving me nuts and I hate using it in case it cuts out again.
Reply to
Angel

possibly crank position sensor. usually it dies when hot and works when cool. if you know where it is , drive till it stops, you then spray it with cool spray, if it starts after that you know the problem for sure.

Reply to
mrcheerful

Reply to
Angel

Then you need to get a garage or mechanically minded person to look at it, however you can seem a bit knowledgeable at the garage by suggesting it might be the crank sensor.

mrcheerful

Reply to
mrcheerful

I'll bet my left bollock it's the crank sensor. It's located behind the driverside wheel, forward facing right next to the crank pulley (big wheel bolted to the engine with the belt coming off it).

Reply to
Sandy Nuts

If you lose the bet do we have to refer to you as "Sandy Nut" from then onwards?

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

No, because I'm not going to loose it :)

Reply to
Sandy Nuts

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember "Sandy Nuts" saying something like:

Loose nuts can be dangerous.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

As can loose spelling :-(