citreon zx 1.9D oil

just brought one of these and i have no idea on what grade of oil it needs?? also does anyone know where the fusebox is for these cars? all my dashboard lights are dead so im hoping its a fuse...

Reply to
umiran

I just use the any 15/40W Diesel oil and change it every 6k miles . Usually what's on offer at Tesco :-)

Fusebox is above drivers feet behind the lower dash panel. You have to remove the panel by turning the plastic fasteners then pull it off. It's probably the bulbs that have gone I'm afraid, I've had 3 ZXs and they've all had dicky dash lights.

Mike

Reply to
Mike P

The message from snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com contains these words:

Commonest cause of all the dash lights going out is accidentally turning the brightness right down with the dimmer.

Reply to
Guy King

i ddint know these cars had a dimmer?

Reply to
umiran

The message from snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com contains these words:

It's worth a try!

Reply to
Guy King

Roller switch under steering column? Bulbs are cheap but Citroen charge 1.5 hrs labour to access them, I believe. :o(--

Reply to
Lofty.

dont think my car came with a dimmer.... i tryed loooking for it but theres nothing there, just a bonnet lever and steering column adjuster.

Reply to
thrice