Vauxhall Omega 2.9 v6 1999 onwards

I have been unable to remove the oil filter cap. The oil filter is the paper element type. Could you please verify the location of the oil filter for a Vauxhall Omega 2.5/2.9 v6 year 1999 onwards. Mant thanks

Reply to
gerrygc

If you can't spot an oil filter, you're not competent enough to be working on an engine. Pay someone to change it.

Reply to
Conor

what sort of answer is that ! the guy was only asking for some help.

Conor im not sure what you do for a living, whether you work in a garage or not , if you do then id thought you be a bit more sympathetic, but if you dont, here's some info for you, some filter housings where the filter ( paper element) is incorporated in a black filter housing are quite hard to spot sometimes in the dark depths of an engine bay in amoungst all the other s**te they fit in the engine bay these days !

Reply to
reg

I can't help (suffered the same problem trying to find it), however, have you tried

under the Omega forums - bunch of genuinely able enthusiasts who're more than happy to help with information.

Mike

Reply to
Mike Dodd

if you have the paper element, then somewhere there will be an aluminium cap with a very large hex on , as I recall it is underneath, on the left of the car, toward the back of the engine, the lump it lives in can leak against the block, they often move as you do them up.

mrcheerful

Reply to
mrcheerful