Omega

Hi Advice please. Have asked this Question in other places but would like as much confirmation as poss before spending pennies.

Does anyone know if the Vauxhall Omega 2.5 petrol car with *automatic* gearbox has a gearbox oil cooler fitted as standard please .

-Many thanks- Barry. If it ain't broke-don't fix it.

Reply to
Baz

Well it is listed as a 1.1 hour job to change, and I can't recall seeing any autos without a cooler since my 1300 Morris marina auto coupe. So yes it has a cooler, why do you ask?

mrcheerful

Reply to
mrcheerful

"Baz" wrote in news:44f481d7$0$3586 $ snipped-for-privacy@ptn-nntp-reader04.plus.net:

Remember the oil cooler will usually be built into the engine water radiator. Look for extra pipes of a small bore, usually metal,going to and from the engine radiator. That will give you a clue.

Reply to
Tunku

-Many thanks-

Hi mrcheerful Thanks for reply. Want to tow a caravan @1300kgs and know of others having trouble with gearbox oil over heating ,only reason. Thanks barry

Reply to
Baz

Baz" wrote in news:44f481d7$0$3586

Reply to
Baz

If that's the case, you could always fit an auxiliary cooler for peace of mind. Is it others with Omegas that have had trouble or auto cars in general?

IMO there are better towcars than Omegas (I found mine dull to drive).

FWIW I've towed caravans of that sort of weight (Superstar, Senator, now a Hobby) with auto Toyotas and Mercs and never had any problems with auto box cooling (the last car that I had that problem with was a '79 Volvo!).

Reply to
Chris Bolus

You need to keep the revs up so that the torque converter locks up, otherwise it's slipping all the time. I would guess that the modern electronics should sort that for you anyway.

I reckon I could find plenty of duller cars than a 2.5 Omega, and you don't really want exciting driving when you're towing a caravan anyway!

Reply to
adder1969

No, but you do solo!

Reply to