Vectra 97 heavy knocking noise from rear

Help,

I have a 97 Vectra that has a knocking noise coming from the rear end.

I have a pit at home and have checked for anything obvious i.e. exhaust or heatshields, and there are no problems there.

I have replaced the LH and RH upper outboard swinging arm bushes (one was badly worn), there doesn't appear to be any movement in the lower outboard bushes, or the inboard bushes.

The noise can be like a chatter on uneven roads, but is more like a thud when hitting a pot-hole.

Could it be the bushes in the rear dampers ?

Any advice would be much appreciated !.

Thanks,

Paul.

Reply to
Paul W

Mother-in-Law or children locked in the boot???

Reply to
Mad Sad Dad

There is a well-documented fault with roof lining in a Vectra that often sounds as though it was coming from rear suspension due to resonance. It feels and sounds like a thud when hitting a road hump at speed etc. Someone posted a cure for this, but can't find it.

Alec

Reply to
Alec