Vectra rear end knocking fixed at last

Hi all,

Just thought I would post this incase it helps anyone else !!

I have had a *bad* knocking noise coming from the rear suspension on my 1997 Vectra for nearly 18 months now, it's been driving me mad and has cost me a small fortune !.

I've replaced 2 of the 4 outer swinging arm bushes (and had to buy the £70 tool to do it), that made no difference what so ever !, it's past 2 MOT's, I've had exhaust centres looking to see if the back box is knocking, I've tried alsorts !.

Finally this weekend I've changed the two rear roll bar bushes (£2.32 each !) and IT'S FIXED IT !!!! HURRAH.

The old bushes hardly looked worn, but I guess they must have gone hard !.

It's like driving a new car !!!!!!

Thought I would share this, incase anyone else has the same problem,

Yours happy..........

Paul.

Reply to
Paul W