Vectra Diesel Bleed Pipes

My Vectra Diesel 2DTI is getting difficult to start after being parked for a few days. I suspect air getting into the fuel line. As a first fix I am planning to fit new bleed pipes (flexible pipes between injector and pump). Are these easy to fit? Are they just push on to nipples? Are there any special precautions I need to take? All help gratefully received. Many thanks in advance.

Reply to
Brian

The difficult part is getting the old hose off the nipples in the head. When the pipes have perished, pulling the hose off results in the end staying in place. Best thing to do is to try and slit down the end of the hose with a slim blade (scalpel) to make removal in one piece more certain.

HTH

Anthony Remove eight from email to reply.

Reply to
Anthony Britt

the plastic rocker cover to remove and fit the bleed pipes at the injector end?

Reply to
Brian

problems. I had to remove the platic rocker cover, wiring harness on inlet manifold and air intake to inlet manifold (the last two I party dissconnected and moved out of the way). To prevent the diesel draining back I clamped the bleed pipe which goes back to the pump. This was to save having to crank engine to prime the system. I replaced the flex pipes to the injectors using the old as patterns. Then I removed the pipe to the pump and quickly fitted the new bleed pipe to the pump. The engine fired up first turn of starter motor. This job was quite easy to do, the flex pipes just pull off and then push onto the nipples. Flex pipe cost about £12 from a Vx dealer.

Reply to
Brian

How much? Jesus, I think we'll have to reconsider our £1.50/foot Gates hose then.

Reply to
Chewie