Vectra V6 coil pack

Hi all,

I'm replacing the coil pack on my 1997 Vauxhall Vectra SRi V6, and part of the procedure is to remove the inteke manifolds. The manual says "decrease fuel pressure with Fuel Pressure Gauge KM-J-34730-91 via checking connection".

Will any fuel pressure gauge do (and how much do they cost)? Is there any other way of doing this? Where is the "checking connection"?

Antony

Reply to
antgel

You can simply remove any connection to the fuel line after the car has stood overnight, but there will be some fuel spillage as it will still be under some pressure. Might help to try starting the engine with the fuel pump disabled and running it - if it will start - until it stops. Be careful it can't squirt into the eyes, etc. Wrap a large rag around the connection as you undo it.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

An easier way is possibly to remove the fuse to the fuel pump. Start the engine and run till it cuts out.

Reply to
Ian

There will still be considerable pressure in the fuel line, so use precautions when disconnecting. Make sure it can't squirt into the face etc, and that the spillage can't cause a problem. I'd do it outdoors.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)