Vectra V6 oil cooler

My friend has just bought a V-reg Vectra GSi V6. I have heard horror stories about the oil/water intercooler on this engine, bursting and dumping the cooling fluid into the sump.

Does anyone know the truth about this possible problem, and how to avoid it?

Do you speak from experience?

Reply to
Makhno

there was a thread here a while ago which discussed it all can't remember when it was but this was the end result

Reply to
dojj