Vovlo 240 heating

I have a Volvo 240 estate that is using a lot of water in its cooling system. I cant find where but it seems to warm the haeting system up and looks almost as if ssteam is coming through the vents into car at times - I topped up the overflow water system yesterday and then when i had been out I checked the water - some had gone but the water that was left was cold. Does this water not circulate and could it be a thermosta jammed open or closed? Thanks Rich Westerly 2219 DAVICO

Reply to
Rich

Sounds like a leaky heater matrix (a small radiator, which your car is no-doubt built around) bitch of a job usually, most or all of the dash etc. to be removed to get to it....

Reply to
Tony Bond (UncleFista)

Sounds like a jammed closed thermostat . Excess pressure will vent water out of filler cap tube onto ground.

Volvoclub.

has ausefull forum

Reply to
Steve Tames