VW Passat 1.9tdi 51 reg

No problems until young lady shunted into the rear when she thought I had moved away from the roundabout My rear bumper small round hole where her number plate bolt had punctured, her Corsa serious front damage

She did not want insurance job as just had one last month so wanted to pay private. there is just a small quarter inch whole punched in the centre of my rear bumper, and the thought was a little filler and a respray

Took VW to dealers and they said yes small whole but there are lots of goodies behind the rear bumper and came up with a price of £625, phoned lady and she is now using insurance

Anyway that is not the question, whilst in for the replacement bumper and having the use of a courtesy car asked to have the annual service (oil change one) whilst it was in, They phoned up to say, done oil change service but you have a massive oil leak, and it is going to cost in excess of £395 to repair

Now the question, neither before nor after the accident (three weeks) has the VW used any oil, which I check every Sat morning, it has not used any oil, and there are no oil stains on my drive (grey concrete)where it is parked everynight (unless something drastic happened on the way to the garage this morning that I am unaware of)

I do not know what to do, say no, take the car away and seize the engine, have it repaired which I can not afford without taking out a loan

I suppose my only option is to say no, check the oil is full and drive carefully to another garage for a second opinion, but I do not want to fall out of grace with the garage that always fits me in with a welcoming smile

Reply to
Domestos

Suggest you just turn up at the dealer & ask them to show you this "massive oil leak". It either exists or it doesn't. FWIW my 1.8T Passat did have a "massive oil leak" some time ago - all it was was the cam cover gasket - lots of mess but cheap enough to fix.

I.

Reply to
Iain Miller

Wonder if the 'massive oil leak' is from a stripped drain plug thread; £395 sounds about right for a new sump!!

in which case you don't have a problem, the garage does

Reply to
Steptoe