VW Polo head gasket

I'm just about to do a head gasket replacement job on a 1993 1300cc Polo.

Are there any special tools needed and are there any tips I need to know about before I start?

Thanks in advance.

Richard

Reply to
Richard Swaby

In message , Richard Swaby writes

The head bolts are usually torx headed. Make sure you have the correct bit and that you get any crud out of the bolt heads to ensure the best fit for the tool.

Many people recommend a smear of Hylomar on the front corner of the gasket at the cambelt end because they are prone to leaking oil from there.

Reply to
Paul Giverin

Paul has said it all really, although the gasket I got was a modified one with a proper metal o-ring instead of the rubber one that perishes. This supplies the oil to the head, and as said is in the corner (cant remember which now) but is not very big.

Reply to
David Griffin